Thursday 12 January 2012

Five Whole Months

Well, Poppy is 5 months old today. FIVE WHOLE months. Almost HALF A YEAR.

This makes me feel incredibly sad, if I'm honest. Of course it's lovely watching her grow and learn new things everyday, but the time is just going too bloody quick. I was going to wait until she's 6 months before writing a post like this, but I really felt the need to now.

At the time of writing this blog, this exact time last year I had been given an epidural and the horrible induction contractions were starting to feel more like twinges than like somebody was sawing me in half whilst simultaneously corkscrewing my uterus. I wasn't allowed to move from the bed, so there I lay, watching Come Dine With Me on the tiny box telly in the corner of my delivery room.
At 10.25pm she was born, and she was such a beautiful newborn, and had her Daddy's curly hair (which she has since lost, but as her new hair grows through, I suspect it will be curly!)

Friday 12th August 2011 was the happiest day of our lives, and Poppy has continued to surprise us, impress us, and just be the most beautiful and happy little girl in the world.



1 Day Old                                                                    










5 Months Old

No comments:

Post a Comment